Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's a Miracle!

Every once in a while, I love to boost my card stash with a little project called the "One Sheet Wonder." Traditionally, you stamp a background pattern over an 8.5 x 11" piece of cardstock, then cut it into various sizes and shapes, and layer them onto coordinating card bases to create 8-10 cards in one session.

Well, I recently stumbled upon a virtuoso of this project called Mae Collins and I really liked what she had done with the concept. Mae used a 12x12 piece of patterned paper, created a template for 15 cards, and used stamps to add depth and embellishment to her cards. You can see her template and resulting cards here. Brilliant!

So Donna and I decided to each tackle one of Mae's templates individually and then compare what we came up with. I think the results clearly showcase our different strengths and styles! Today, we are featuring Donna's cards.


These are so gorgeous! Donna's style is very elegant and feminine with lots of beautiful details. She followed Mae's template very faithfully, using a palette of red riding hood red, kiwi kiss, very vanilla, and pirouette pink from Stampin' Up. The patterned paper and all the ribbons and embellies are also from SU. She used stamps from a wide variety of sets to create a collection that is truly for every occasion! When you look at the individual cards below, you'll see what I mean about her attention to detail. There are notched corners, inked edges, ink dyed fabric flowers (from the "pretties" kit), beautiful hardware (from the 'styled silver hodgepodge" kit, and - of course- lots of her favourite ribbons!

.......................

What I love most about the One Sheet Wonder challenge is that my cards look totally different, even though we started with the same template! Tune in tomorrow to see my take on this project!

Cathy

4 comments:

  1. Wow those are stunning Donna, I am looking forward to seeing Cathy's take tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Donna! You are inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Awesome job! I love all the vibrate colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely wonderful and have inspired me with a few additional ideas for a new OSW template and card designs. Thanks also for the 'virtuoso' compliment it made my day!

    ReplyDelete