Thursday, January 29, 2009

One Sheet Wonder - Take Two!

As promised, I tackled the same one sheet wonder template that Donna used and completed 15 cards that don't look anything like Donna's (not on purpose - it just turned out that way)! There are a couple of reasons why my cards look different.



First, I approached the whole project as an exercise in minimalism - which is just a really nice way of saying "lazy!" I started with a really neutral colour palette of Chocolate Chip, Bordering Blue, Very Vanilla and Grey - then punched it up with one really bright colour, Kiwi Kiss. This is a great way to draw focus where you want it without using lots of stamps and embellishments. Then I added interest and detail using a few selected images from the Stampin' Up sets "Always" and "Baroque Motifs." All of my sentiments are from the SU set, "Full of Life," and I made them the focal point of my cards.




Finally, I ended up altering the template here and there because I seem to be psychologically incapable of following directions and I kept snipping away and changing things up. Then I felt like using some of the great SU punches and..... I think you probably see where this is headed! So, I did a quick sketch of how the template would look now, with the alterations I made in case anyone wants to try reproducing my cards.




Thanks for looking!



1 comment: