Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dotty Dances

Whenever life gets me down, I pull out this rubber stamp from Artistic Impressions. Her name is Dotty and I adore her! If Dotty were a little younger, I'd say she's living with a severe case of denial. But since she is a woman of a certain age, I choose to believe her utter disregard for reality comes from widsom and experience! Either way, she always cheers me up!

This is a very simple card. I wanted to play with my Copic Markers and different shading techniques. I went for a smooth blend for most of the image, using the colours pictured below. I find that if I colour over the entire area with the lightest shade after I add shading, I get the most subtle results. On her purple dress however, I broke all the rules and used colours that were a more dramatic contrast and I didn't attempt to blend at all, just layered the colours on. I like both effects! Because I didn't own a brown Copic when I did this card, I made my own by combining the orange and blue to create Dotty's unique hair colour.



When I was happy with the colouring, I just trimmed my image out and mounted her on a very simple graphic background using foam adhesive. The sentiment is from an Inkadinkado set and just seemed to fit!
I hope you enjoy Dotty as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. She's a scream! I like your shading technique on her dress...it seems to really add movement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her; that's gonna be all of us one day not caring what anyone thinks just being happy!!
    Great card Cathy

    ReplyDelete