Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kristina Werner Color Challenge # 41


Ever since we introduced the blog, Donna and I have been anxiously waiting for Kristina Werner's next wonderful color challenge so that we could participate. Our first week, Kristina was away for CHA and there wasn't one! Then, strangely enough, we both completely missed the announcement of # 40! I've been watching her blog with an eagle eye and one hand on my ATG every since and here it is - # 41!

The minute I saw this swatch, I thought "Valentines Day." (My serendipitous purchase of the Hero Arts stamp set, "Together" may also have contributed to my thinking). So without further ado, here is my take on the challenge.


I was feeling kind of swirly and sophisiticated for this card. I started by stamping the central image in black on smooth white cardstock and twice again on red cardstock. I cut the centre frame from the white and layered it onto one of the red images with foam adhesive. I trimned just the heart from the final red image and popped it again with foam adhesive on top of the white layer.

This picture doesn't show all the detail I would like in the background. The white panel is actually embossed with a homemade embossing plate I made for my Cuttlebug using some paisley images from the QuicKutz Silhouette as a guide. (More on this technique later, I promise)! I enhanced the embossed panel using white and silver perlescent chalks, then layered it with a grey panel and a red lable cut using the Spellbinders Large Lable Nestabilities.

The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Bittersweet collection, the photo corners are cut by hand and I added a fun velvet scalloped ribbon from American Crafts for more texture. The final touch was a sweet little bow using thin silver cord around the focal heart image.

Now it's Donna's turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment