Friday, February 13, 2009

For a sick cousin...


Unfortunately, I needed to make a card for one of my husband's cousins. He just found out he has cancer of the abdominal wall (I forget the technical name for it). He was told he has, at most, a year to live. He only retired last year and he and his wife moved to a beautiful neighbourhood on Georgian Bay. It's so sad he won't have long to enjoy it.

I used one of the new S-U embossing folders from Backgrounds 1 (harlequin shape). It's a bit hard to see it here. I added little dots in between each "connector". The colours are chocolate chip, very vanilla and kraft. I used one of the trees from the Trendy Trees set from S-U. I used Old Olive and Garden Green and did the "Rock and Roll" technique on the leaves. I received the "Three Little Words" set from a recent Mega Meeting I attending with the Amazink Canadians group of demonstrators. The inside finishes the card with "thinking of you". I really hope I don't have to send a sympathy card too soon...

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment