Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mojo Monday 75 - Butterflies are Free!



Donna's right - Mojo Monday is a fabulous blog and I can't believe we're only just discovering it! The sketches are beautiful - so layered and rich with about a million possibilities!

So I'm a day late (and a dollar short) but here is my submission for this week's sketch challenge. I loved Donna's take on it - as usual, very sophisticated and soft. She's my hero! Unfortunately, sophisticated does not come naturally to me, so I went for pure whimsy. My image is one of many wonderful designs from Eat Cake Graphics and I spent some happy time on Saturday night colouring her in with my Copic Markers.

The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Urban Lily collection and it worked beautifully, right down to the butterfly for this card. I followed the sketch pretty closely, using ribbon for one of the strips, a strip of paper punched with the Fiskars Threading Water punch for the scallop, and the aformentioned butterfly cut from Basic Grey paper for my embellishment. I just added a row of Kaiser rhinestones for some bling.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment