Friday, February 27, 2009

Kristina Werner colour challenge #43


Relaxing Riley - doesn't he look content? I made this card for Kristina Werner's Colour Challenge #43. This week's colours were chocoloate chip, pumpkin pie, ruby red, old olive and brocade blue.

Usually I have trouble using more than 3 colours, but I had this striped patterned paper that has all of these colours and more! I used watercolour paper and all of the required colours on my main image. I had some lovely velvet ribbon that I added to tie in my olive and patterened paper panels. I used ruby red brads from Earth Elements. I also used the small and large oval punches as well as Designer label punch from S-U with my sentiment. The sentiment is from Memories in the Making (Leisure Arts Collection). There are a bunch of sayings on this hand-held unit. I wish I was Riley right now, except, the drink would be in my hand!

7 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Love the image and the striped paper! I wish I was right there with you and Riley too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Donna, cute card!! and the stamp is to die for... LOVE IT!!
    Hugs,
    Odette

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's stupendous - love the paper too.

    PS your blog header is very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beuatiful card and watercoloring. I just arrived in FL yesterday and this is so appropriate! LOL I also loved your dream card below!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute! Great job watercolouring and I love the layered punches for the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete