Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SCS - Colour Challenge #214, 2 Sketches 4 You Challenge

I decided to make two cards for today's SCS Colour Challenge. The colours were Pink Pirouette, So Saffron and Bordering Blue.
For the above card, I used a Sunshine Designs stamp that I purchased when Cathy had The Ink Spot. You can pretty much do anything with this stamp. I stamped Black Stazon onto watercolour paper and used the challenge colours to watercolour it. I added stickles in coordinating colours around the rim and on the bottom portion of the cup. I layered that onto So Saffron (textured) and then onto a bigger Bordering Blue panel and tied 5/8" Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon. I used a Hero Arts sentiment. My card base is Gina K. 120 lb. card stock. I layered that with Pink Pirouette that I ran through the Script Cuttlebug. For my second card, I used the 2 Sketches 4 You Sketch Challenge. Bordering Blue as my card base. I stamped Seeing Spots in the challenge colours on a piece of Whisper White card stock and layered that on a Pink Pirouette panel then tied some Saffron ribbon from the retired Ribbon Originals (Sherbet). I punched out the thank you sentiment with the 1 1/4" punch and layered that on the Saffron 1 3/8" circle. I punched out the centre flower (stamped in Bordering Blue) with the 3/4" punch. I also punched out the scallop in Pink Pirouette. I punched a small hole through all layers and adhered a pink rhinestone brad in the centre. I used a rub-on from the Chit Chat package on the bottom right and that finished it off. I hadn't used the Seeing Spots set in a very long time so I'm glad I could make my own patterned paper out of it. Thanks for lookin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment