Thursday, April 2, 2009

Second Shot at the Stamp TV Sketch Challenge #6

Here's my second try at the Stamp TV Sketch Challenge #6. This time, I used a Gina K. stamp from Down on the Farm for my focal image. I watercoloured it and layered it on some circle punches. I added some doodling (again) with my signo white gel pen. I tried to blow on the end to get the ink to go down to the tip, but all I got was light-headed! After 15 minutes, I finally got enough to go around the scallop. Cathy told me she HATES red cards - well, honey, this one's for you! My card base is Riding Hood Red and my panels are chocolate chip and DSP from Stampin' Up. I used the sentiment from the new Great Friend set from S-U. I used two buttons from the collection I was given by my Baba. Here's the story - Baba was my grandmother on my dad's side and she lived to be 98 years old. She used to darn and crochet things all the time. She lived through some pretty hard times, especially the depression. She saved everything! I remember her saving bacon fat (I have to admit I do that once in awhile - roasting potatoes with it is amazing!), little ends of the soap that she'd put in the end of a nylon once she had enough to make another bar, plastic milk bags that she would reuse to freeze things in (they are pretty sturdy), and many other things. I have hundreds of buttons of various shapes and sizes. One night, I spent hours sorting through them into like-colours and put them in baggies. Often, I can't quite get the right fit for my cards, but today, I hit pay-dirt twice! I cut off the nubs on the underside to make them a little flatter. I ended up pinching my hand with the tool I used when I squeezed the handle. Nobody told me this craft was DANGEROUS! I love the way they look. Unfortunately, I stuck the top one down in a spot I wasn't quite happy with, and when I tried to pull it off, it ripped the paper. Well, back down it went! Despite my toil and labour, I think the card is kinda cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment