Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Colour Throwdown #36



This is my submission for Color Throwdown #36. This one was a little tricky for me. I picked up the Stamper's Sampler Take Ten magazine yesterday (yes, Cathy, you can look through it today - come on over). Jen del Muro has a layout and sample on page 22 and I thought I'd try that on for size. I struggled with my patterned paper choices a little, but I'm really happy with how this looks. I used a variety of patterned papers (4 of them), two of which are from the S-U Hostess package. My butterfly comes from Savvy Stamps. I used Versa Magic pigment inks (Pixie Dust, Rocket Red Gold and Pearlescent Rust) and stamped it on Very Vanilla. I then clear embossed and cut her out. I popped her on Turquoise patterned paper as well as Regal Rose and Tangerine Tango. The sentiment comes from the retired Best Yet stamp set. I wish they would bring this set back - it's perfect to circle punch and layer. A few rhinestone brads and it's done. It just kills me that it can take me over an hour to make one card! I guess you can't rush art! I'd better think of someone special to give this to.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty and elegant! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the butterfly, so elegant!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Thanks for playing with us and come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy! I miss my (very random) pop-ins to the Ink Spot! I am glad to see that you have a 'home' where I can continue to enjoy your fun, inkspired self and your creativity!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you back next time!

    ReplyDelete