Monday, March 9, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different...

When I look at Donna's cards, I suffer from a severe case of "elegance envy!" As you're about to see, when I look at the same sketch challenge, my brain tends to go off on a completely different tangent!

Here then, is my version of Mojo Monday - Week 77:

Actually, this is a variation on the card I made for my teenaged son's last birthday. Although he makes an effort to be appreciative of my artistic efforts, his sports-obsessed mind really doesn't care so I need to have a "hook" to get his attention! (This is why I need to blog - I just don't have a wide enough audience at home)!

The shark is an older stamp from Stamp Oasis and I heat embossed him in black on watercolour paper, then watercoloured him with Tombow Markers and a waterbrush. When he was dry, I trimmed him out and slathered him with waterfall blue and frosted lace stickles for lots of shine. Instead of the scalloped border called for in the sketch, I turned the scallop element inward to create "bite" marks out of my sentiment. I thought it was kind of fun!

11 comments:

  1. How fun is this! Love your take on the challenge and those big bites taken out of the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so cool! Love it! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun and creative! Love the rhinestones with the shark ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job ! How funny it turned out !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea to take a "bite" out of the circle!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a fun card!! love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, that's what creativity is for - everyone has her own interpretation of the sketch and yours is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a fun card. I am sure a teenager would love it!!! Great take on the sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete