Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cathy's Colour Throwdown # 34

I found this colour challenge a little, well, challenging! I love the blue and green - it is one of my favourite combos, but somehow the addition of the pale pink threw me a little! Anyway, here it is!

The card base is SU Not Quite Navy and I used a My Mind's Eye patterned paper to stand in for the Kiwi Kiss portion of the challenge. To make the scalloped borders, I used a square scalloped nestie and cut it in half. The stamped stitches are from an Autumn Leaves stamp set and I liked how they echoed the scallop border. The focal image is from Hero Arts, stamped in black and then highlighted with lots of crystal glitter - I know, it's hard to see the sparkle in the photo and it's my favourite part of the card! To finish it off, I added a pink ribbon and a text printed flower from Prima with a little clear Bella bauble in the centre.

Overall, it's a little different for me, but it's growing on me!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love that flower and cool stamped stitches! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I like the stamped stitches too! Thanks for playing with us this week and be sure to stop back again!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love the cutout around the circle and that dandelion image is awesome!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty -- the Dandelion is so very beautiful! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say you met this challenge! Love that dandelion image and the cut out! Very clever! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete