Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's Up?

Donna, obviously! My dear friend is an early riser and she has already posted in response to two challenges today, before I even finished the first!

So having said all that, here is my post for Taylor's Friday Cupcake Challenge:
It's my first time playing and I fully intended to use a cupcake image in honor of Taylor, but somehow these adorable little owls I just got from Stamping Bella were "hooting" my name! Nothing too revolotionary to report on the making of this one. I just coloured the little darlings with my copic markers, chalked the background and used lots of lovely patterned papers and scalloped edges etc... to layer it all up. I did however, get a stern "talking to" by my hubby for breaking a little branch off of the Catalpa tree out front. He seemed to think that one of the dead twigs all over the front lawn would have sufficed. Hmmph! Just goes to show what he knows about "art." Clearly, a twig in bud was called for. LOL!

5 comments:

  1. Adorable card!! Congrats on your first TECC card. Love that owl image and your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cathy! I can't believe I stumbled upon your blog - what are the chances?? Love your card - especially your twig!! Where are you at now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Love the little upside down owl and your branch (twig) is perfect. Glad you participated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very adorable - I love the owls! The twig is really perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute little owls! Great job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete