Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Milestone and Mojo Monday!

Today our little blog passed a major milestone:

10 000 Hits! ... and counting!

Thanks to all of you who keep coming back to see what we're up to, leave a kind word, and generally make us feel motivated to keep sharing all our tips, techniques, and artwork.

I haven't actually posted a new card in a few days because I have been focussing on getting our first Chicks Challenge organized. I was also feeling a bit like I had been "rushing" my cards in order to respond quickly to various challenges and I wasn't all that thrilled with some of my results. So this week I took a deep breath and decided to stop trying to be "first" and to focus more on "quality."

Which is why it has taken me until Wednesday to respond to Mojo Monday this week! Here's the sketch:

And here's my card!

I really liked this sketch and I had fun with this card. I have kind of a thing for dogs - one dog in particular: my crazy, goofy, lovable labradoodle, "Izzy." Whenever I see dog stamps anywhere, I am always hoping to find one that looks like her. But alas, I have yet to come across a labradoodle stamp! So I decided to take a shot at drawing my own and I surprised myself by coming up with a pretty good likeness! I scanned this into my computer so I can resize it and print it any time I feel the need for a labradoodle card. (I know, I'm a little weird, but basically harmless).
Anyway, I coloured Izzy with Copic Markers, layered her onto some cute My Mind's Eye paper, added a scalloped edge and a little ribbon....but I still didn't feel like the card was balanced. So I used a straight edge and a fine black marker to draw the border around the top half of the card and that seemed to do the trick!
The sentiment, "Woof," is hand written and inside the card I wrote: "Translation: Happy Birthday!"

2 comments:

  1. this is adorable..love the party hat on the dog, very creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful drawing, I wish I was that good myself ... unfortunately I'm limited to stamps only!

    ReplyDelete