Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Colour Throwdown #34


Why does it take over 2 hours to make a simple card? I just couldn't decide what stamps to use or how to arrange the colours. I had patterned paper out, attempted to use CB folders, cut out the butterfly (twice) in Kiwi Kiss, and all sorts of other combinations - arrrggghhh! Total frustration with this one, let me tell you. I was just about fed up and almost ditched the challenge for the day but I hauled out Inspired by Nature (ya think I needed a little inspiration, huh?) and used Kiwi Kiss for the grass. I restamped the butterfly in Not Quite Navy and cut her out. I had already done the sentiment (twice) at the beginning of this whole process, so I was determined to keep it and use it somewhere. I edged the main panel with Blush Blossom and also used that as my card base. I brought in more Not Quite Navy behind the main image as well. Well, that's it! It should have taken me 10 minutes. I guess that's the way it goes sometimes...

3 comments:

  1. I am love love loving this blog. I don't generally make many cards, but you guys have got me in the mood!! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! This is gorgeous!! I love that it's simple but oh so elegant! Great card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! This is GORGEOUS to the max!! LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete