Monday, March 16, 2009

Brian, Don't Look!

Not that I really think my DH is checking out my blog at work today - but just in case!


I made this card for today's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge - you can see the sketch and Donn's card in Donna's last post, below.

I just loved this sketch! I had additional inspiration from my hero, Mel McCarthy over at Mel Stampz. Her blog is so full of great tips, techniques, templates and truly original and lovely artwork that I will never be able to work through all the ideas she so generously shares. Love ya', Mel ; ) !!!

I downloaded a terrific text page from her site and used it as the background for my stamped image. The image, from Sunshine Designs, is coloured with Copic markers and the background is sponged with a combination of Weathered Wood Distress Ink and Adirondack Stonewashed Dye Ink. I did an oops when I removed my mask, so I stamped a tiny chickadee from Inkadinkado and popped it over top to cover it! The patterned papers are from the Basic Grey Granola line.

As it came together, I started to think that it was looking very clean and masculine, so I decided that I would tuck this card away to give to my hubby on our (gulp)! 20th anniversary in a few weeks. As it's for Brian, I restrained myself from adding glitter and fiddly bits I actually really like how this card came out. Honestly, I don't think it needs anything else!

17 comments:

  1. Very Beautiful card. Great colour combo..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I like the idea with the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet sentiment and a lovely image great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the sketch!! Very cool color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card! It's so good to see a masculine one too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove this card, such a nice tree ! Your other card is gorgeous too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I love this, such a great use of papers, the stamped image is fabulous. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW.. LOVE this card!! Great job on the challente!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a simply stunning card! great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card Cathy!
    What template did you download for the background
    paper?
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your car is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ugh, that is supposed to say Your card is beautiful!! Sorry about the typo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, love your colors and image! Great job on the mojo sketch!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous. I never thought to stamp on text like you have done here. Your images are great! And I love Basic Grey Paper. This is a wonderful card. Love, Love, Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful. Love the coloring and the stamping on the text paper. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is stunning! I love how you layered so many images on your main piece. Great job with the sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete