Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Two Posts and Three Challenges in One Day!

I'm just so chuffed with myself that I don't think I'll be able to get my big fat head back through my studio door! This card was done in response to the Split Coast Stampers' Sketch Challenge today (I think it's # 219)


I used lots of little shortcuts for this one. Sometimes, when I don't know what I feel like making, I'll just stamp a bunch of images in black and colour them. Then I leave them lying around on my work table until they inspire me. Today, something about this giant Inkadinkado cupcake and the look on the Eat Cake Graphics little girl just came together for me. Especially when I checked out the sketch challenge over at Split Coast Stampers today!

All the images are coloured with Copic Marker and trimmed out. The die cut pink paper layer was cut from a K and Co. Die Cut Mat Pad. They're the perfect size for layering on a card and all the fun detail is already done for you! The sentiment is from a Hero Arts Birthday set. Lots of foam adhesive later, the card was done. Super fast and easy!

And, as a bonus, this card turned out to be a perfect entry for the week 1 challenge in the Birthday Blog Bash at Paper Garden. Be sure to check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute Cathy......I love that little girl stamp!
    Jennybird

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! Great colors too. Don't you just love Eat Cake Graphics?

    ReplyDelete