Thursday, March 12, 2009

K Werner Color Challenge 45 - Cathy's Take

You've already seen Donna's beautiful take on this weeks colour challenge on the K Werner Design Blog and now, here's mine!

I actually broke the rules of the challenge by adding just a teensy bit of red - I felt like my focal image needed a lift. I used a decorative blade on my Purple Cows Trimmer to cut my card base and give it a more nostalgic feel, then layered on some Basic Grey paper from the Ambrosia collection and a snippet of a Hambly overlay I had lying around. The focal image was stamped once on the red patterned paper, then again on white and trimmed out. I "fluffed" the petals a bit for dimension, then layered everything with some black and grey ribbon from American Craft and a few Hero Arts self adhesive pearls. Finally, I glued a tiny clock face to the centre of the flower and decided it was done!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to post a link over at K Werner Design this week ('cuz I broke the rules), but I had fun making the card anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment