Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Could Get Very Used to This....

Before I post the card I just made, may I just take a moment to say that I am having a very good day?

Well, I am. I am finally over the flu that's had me down, I have finished digging out my home studio and I can finally get inside of it to play (and I can even find my stuff)! After six years in the scrapbooking/rubber stamping industry, I had gotten so used to trucking my bits and pieces back and forth to various stores to make samples and teach classes that my home studio became a dusty, disorganized and completely unusable disaster area. Then my husband and son started using it as a dumping ground and.... UGHHH!

But I have taken back my creative space and now I am feeling so inspired! Seriously, I could get very used to this unemployment gig! (Don't worry Brian, I swear I sent out a bunch of resumes this morning before I came into the studio!

So, without further ado, here is the card I made this morning in response to two challenges (see how efficient I am, now that my studio is clean)?

I combined this week's sketch from Laura at 2 Sketches 4 You, with this week's colour throwdown challenge to create this card.

I really had fun with it! The image just cracked me up when I found in Donna's studio this morning and I knew I had to use it. (Sorry Donna, from now on I promise to let you use your own new stamps first)! She is from an SU set called "Golden Oldies" and they are all equally fun. I stamped her with Memories Black Ink and coloured her with my Copic Markers. I followed the sketch pretty faithfully using SU Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Eggplant, and my fave green: Old Olive. I added a little texture to the Olive panel with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and added some detail with faux stitching around the edges. The sentiment was punched with an SU circle punch as was the scalloped frame. I used some turquoise rhinestones from Hero Arts for the 3 circle embellishments and she was done!



9 comments:

  1. *hehehehe* your sentiment reminds me of you cleaning your studio:) Love your card & so glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! This cracks me up! Thanks for coming along and playing the challenge with us and making us smile!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crack-up and great card!!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image you have used. Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that image! It reminds me of me!!! At least the mind part! LOL! This card is adorable!! Thanks for playing and good luck on the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute card. Great colors too. I love that stamp, so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you are having a good day! such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card--this image--and sentiment cracks me up! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun stamp! Very pretty! Thanks for playing the CTD!

    ReplyDelete