Sunday, March 22, 2009

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #60



I fell in love with this sketch from Taylored Expressions as soon as I saw it! I can envision quite a few possibilities with it. I dug around in my non S-U stamps for an image that I hoped would really show this great sketch off. My sister bought a wedding set of stamps from Inkadinkado that I don't think ever saw ink. That was it! I knew this beautiful dress needed some love. I stamped it in Black Stazon on watercolour paper and coloured it with various S-U inks using my aquapainter. There was a lot of empty space on the upper right side, so I dug through my big stash of primas and tried to find a couple of flowers to layer with coordinating colours. It took me about 2 hours to figure that out and in the end, I had to use reinkers to paint the rose flower in the middle. I was mucking around with these puppies that the petals were starting to come off! Of course, I didn't have a small pink rhinestone brad (well I did, but it was attached to another flower somewhere in the pile, so I had to search for that too). I cut out the dress with nesties and layered it on a Regal Rose panel, then a Barely Banana scalloped panel. My card base is Gina K. 120 lb. white and I added a panel of Barely Banana. On top of that is a Regal Rose panel and on top of that is a sheet of patterned paper from the Bella Bleu line. As accents, I used the scallop border punch on the patterned paper and added a little bit of fancy pants ribbon. I am happy with the way this one turned out!

4 comments: