Thursday, March 19, 2009

Butterflies for Sareeta!

I made this card for my friend, Sareeta's, birthday yesterday. Sareeta is the kind of girl who treats you to lunch on her birthday so I wanted the card to be special!

I started with lots of rich warm colours 'cuz I know they are her favourites. I cut a scalloped square with my nesties, then created a diamond grid with my Scor Pal. I pierced a hole in each corner fully intending to stitch beautiful little french knots in each with a lovely saffron coloured embroidery floss, but after I had stitched about half the panel I had to admit that I was incapable of creating beautiful little french knots, so I backtracked!

The wavy border is handcut from Basic Grey's Urban Prairie papers and the little butterflies were stamped on the same with a stamp from Hero Arts "Together" set and trimmed out. I mounted them on foam adhesive and "fluffed" their wings for extra dimension.

Hope you had a great birthday, Sareeta!

1 comment:

  1. Cathy,

    I loved this card! Thanks so much for posting it on your blog! I had a great time with you in Bellaland yesterday and you made my day today with this posting!! Yeah, two days to celebrate!

    Love ya,

    Sareeta

    ReplyDelete