Saturday, March 14, 2009

Weekend Sketch Challenge # 72

I LOVED this sketch! The minute I saw it, over at Jen Balcer's blog, I knew I had to play. I just love that label shape. Of course, first I had to walk down to Donna's house to cut one using her Big Shot and the SU top note die. But we'll just consider that my daily exercise!

I stamped the lable with a teeny alphabet background stamp from Stamp Camp and then coloured around the edges a bit with my prisma pencils for contrast and to pull in the colours from the stamped flower (also from Stamp Camp). The background paper is an old sheet from Lasting Impressions that I have been hoarding for a few years ('cuz I don't know where to get it anymore and I really like these polka dots). I didn't have a lot of flowers in my stash, so I decided to cut a bunch using my QuicKutz Silhouette.

I played around with the positioning on this card a lot. I kept pulling it apart and trying again but I think I finally got it right! As a final touch, I added some clear dew drops to the centres of some of the flowers. I love the way you can change the colour of these little guys by colouring a small circle on the paper before you adhere them. Fun!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love your colour scheme and your flowers are so pretty! (I found this sketch really hard, but I guess I should have stopped here for a look first!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, how *pretty* this is! I love the flowers and colors and how you layered everything!

    ReplyDelete