Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's a two challenge in one day!


I thought I'd start off my day with the SCS Ways to Use It #211 challenge to use "Hot Metal". Because I am lay-out challenged as well, I incorporated Sketch Challenge #119. For the challenge, I put waxed paper in a cuttlebug folder with glossy card stock then ironed it. I brayered Almost Amethyst over top and ended up with a shabby circle-y look. Since we are approaching Easter and I am determined to send relatives cards this year, I decided to use the chickadee from An Egg-cellent Easter set. I watercoloured the chick and eggs with various inks. For my long Barely Banana side panel, I versamarked the egg numerous times and clear embossed it. I added a little ribbon and dew drops to finish it off. I think it's cute! I'm going to use this technique to create the 4th card in my "ir-resistable" class next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment